Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wedding

Yesterday I preformed my first wedding ceremony. It was a good experience. The bride and groom are friends of mine but were not themselves for the weekend. They were pretty stressed but everything came together. They had to overcome a lot in the planning of this particular wedding, most things went wrong.

The day came and went. There were about 170 guests. The ceremony was nice and went well. Except for one small thing; the sound guy didn't play the que for the Groom and I to make our entrance from a back room. We had no idea that the processional was going on without us, I guess everyone assumed that was how it was supposed to be even though that's not how we practiced it. The bride, upon reaching the front of the church had to point out that the groom and minister were absent. A groomsmen politely asked us to come out and join them all. So, not a great start. After that, everything went well. I did not really enjoy the process but I'm glad I did it and I am honored that they wanted me to do it.

This morning I made a presentation to my supporting congregation. It went well, I will have private presentations with the leadership team, and also the mission committee on Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. rock and roll man! congrats on the successful wedding event. and know we're praying for you up here in chi-town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You've joined us in the ranks of wedding professionals! So you didn't like it, huh!? Not going to make weddings a career? You're probably smarter than me! Good luck with all of the presentations!

    ReplyDelete