Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Internet

I have acknowledged before that I live online. Everything I do is online. That’s why I am dieing. My internet has been on only for a second or two at a time for the last two weeks. When we moved in we signed on with Comcast simply because there was nothing else available. I assume many of you have had problems with Cable internet as well. There is a very simple explanation as to why this is the case. Remember how I used to be a Broadband Service Technician? Cable TV, Phone and Internet run on a system called Broadband, that just means there is only one ‘line’ or piece of copper that everything runs on, the internet signal is the highest and runs on the very outside of the piece of copper. That means that if ANYTHING touches the line: a bird pecking, a squirrel chewing, a tree falling, a rock shifting, even high or low temperatures, the line will permanently be unstable. PERMINENTLY. Even if a very skilled technician repairs the broken part, he still much connect the new and old lines together with means he will create a cut or ‘splice’ in the line.

AT&T is now available and we are switching. This will come with its own problems, but it should be significantly more stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment