Monday, April 13, 2009

Proactive/Reactive

So I've been told that I live proactivly and that a lot of people live reactivly. This is a new concept for me. I think it is part of my control freak personality to want to know the outcome of whatever situation I am walking to, or at least to anticipate probable outcomes. I spend a lot of time going over possibilities in my head and thinking about how I would react.

It is ok to be unsure of where you stand on a subject but, for me, it is important to be able to give an account for your words, or actions. Even if your account, or possition, would be different on a different day. I don't know what that means any more than I know whether it is true that a lot of people do not spend as much time thinking proactivly as I do. I had never consdered it before today.

As you approch a situation, do you consider how you would handle various possibilites whith it?
Is this a good thing or simply an avanue for stress?

I don't know, I'll think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment