Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hydroponics and Biothermals

So, I have a tendency to get board in my free time and, during these times, I like to try new things. Several months ago I started experimenting with homemade wind turbines, I found that they are simple and that harvesting wind energy is simple and cheap. If I am going to harvest my own energy I don't want to buy the stuff to do it retail, that seems inconsistent.

Yesterday I started thinking about my container garden. Potatoes have electrical storage capacity which means it should be practical to harness the energy given off by the biothermal activity in my garden. I'm going to work on that.

Also, I planted a few of my sprouts hydroponically (water only). I know people have grown vegetables this way before so am going to see if it is a practical way to grow these. If so it will mean less expense and not having to carry soil home.

No comments:

Post a Comment