Monday, April 20, 2009

Pray4Chicago

Pray4Chicago went great!
I'm pretty pumped that there weren't any major bumps in the road on this first event. Additionally I'm pretty pumped, because I just busted out some old school Metallica I haven't heard in awhile. We had 16 people for the event, which I think was just the right number. Six of them were teenagers. The event was not designed for teenagers but we thought it would be beneficial to them so we invited a few, I think that went well. It had been a long time since I'd been around a group of high schoolers. We covered 4 areas of the city, Mark and I went to Lincoln Square becuase we needed to take care of other buisness and not stray too far from my apartment in case we were needed back at base. Other groups went to the Near South Side, the Lower West Side, and Lakeview. I think it served it's purpose well. In the future I think we will stress the importance of pairs traveling together rather than a group of 3 or 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment